15.11.05

The Last Myrmidon

This won't end well. There are too many ways it can go wrong. Too many images lifted from APD. An unfortunate combination of bragadaccio and self-doubt. Rants about public transportation, a lack of cash, my job. It will be neurotically specific except when it's all irritatingly vague. My HTML ineptitude. A half dozen "updates" within an hour to a post that wasn't particularly interesting to begin with. Long lists of sentence fragments. Weeks or months of silence followed by a slapdash note that goes something like: "Has it been six weeks? Man, things have been hectic!" There will be too many exclamation points, semi-colons and elipses. I will misuse words. The mistakes I catch will be insignificant compared to the ones I don't. My unfortunate attempts at cleverness will barely overshadow my otherwise pedestrian yammering. When no one reads it I will drop hints into emails. And yet...

I've always collected my thoughts by sharing, or talking it out as they say on Wheel of Fortune. Bear with me. Thanks.

EDITED: 9.ii.06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home