31.3.06

MC&G #001

In an hour or so I’ll begin work on another novel, tentatively titled Midnight Comes and Goes. The impetus was an email Kugler sent me on 22 December, 2005 positing a “party genre” which would take place entirely at a single party (perhaps with a few book ends). I’ll try to write it from start to finish during April – the novel-in-a-month scheme that NaNoWriMo pushes every November (and which yielded my only novel, unfinished, from 2004) – because I don’t have the discipline to do it without the rules I’ve set for myself. I’ve given myself structural limitations too, dividing the book into two sections and dividing those sections by the two apartments in which the party or parties take place. I always hope that the limitations will provide some inspiration. And… maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home