22.8.07

Ministry Fiction Irritant #009

Them Teeth

Fast busy.

Met her two weeks ago at Frankie’s. Classy joint. Jukebox still has all the standards. Sinatra. Dino. Como.

She’s wearing a red cocktail dress. Flashes me a troubled smile.

I buy her a drink. Then another.

She has a creep of a boyfriend and doesn’t want to go home. Can’t get a hotel room because all the credit cards are his.

“No friends?” I ask.

Gives me that same smile.

“I got a place,” I say. “Plenty of room. I won’t try nothing. Ask anyone.”

Few more drinks before she agrees.

We have a good night. Then another.

This morning I give her the money she owes the creep. So she can be done with him. I insist.

“Give me the number there. In case there’s trouble.”

Fast busy.

Shoulda seen it coming. But that smile. Those lips.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home